Created to share with the Moccona Coffee Family.
- 200g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups self raising flour
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup hot water
- 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
How to Make
- For best results leave eggs and butter out of the fridge and on the bench to bring to room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Line a 25cm (10 inch) round baking tin with baking paper.
- Cream unsalted butter and caster sugar with an electric beater until creamy and almost white in colour
- Add eggs, one at a time to the mixture, and beat until combined.
- Mix hot water and cocoa powder in a separate bowl to create a concentrated paste
- Combine both paste, mixture and remaining ingredients and beat until mixture is combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into a 10 inch round baking tin.
- Reduce your heat to 120°C and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Baking times may vary depending on ovens.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Allow cake to cool completely prior to decorating.
– For best results leave eggs and butter out of the fridge and on the bench to bring to room temperature.
– For a coffee flavoured cake replace cocoa with Moccona Hazelnut Instant Coffee