- 200g Gingerbread cookies
- 100g Fine Semolina or your favourite biscuit
- 130g Unsalted Butter – Room Temperature
Cheese Cake Filling
- 500g Cream Cheese- Soften
- 250g Labin or sour cream
- 2/3 Cup Castor Sugar
- 4x Eggs
- 2x Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1x Teaspoon Mixed Spice
Caramel Jersey Sauce
- 1x Cup Brown Sugar
- 395g Can Condensed Milk
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 300g Caramel Jerseys
How to Make
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
- Line a 20cm round spring foam baking tin with baking paper.
- Combine biscuit and semolina in a food processor until finely crushed
- Add the butter, process until combined
- Spoon into pan and press evenly on and around the base
- Place in fridge for 30 mins or until firm
- Beat the cream cheese filling ingredients (Not including eggs and spice) until smooth
- Then add one egg at a time and beat till well combined, add ginger and mixed spice
- Combined Bake for 1 hour or until almost set
- Turn oven off. Leave in the oven, with the door ajar slightly, for 2 hours to cool.
- Place in fridge. Once chilled, decorate with sauce and decorations.
– Baking times may vary depending on ovens.
– Allow cake to cool completely prior to decorating.