- 200g unsalted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ cups self raising flour
- ½ cup milk
How to Make
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Line a 25cm (10 inch) round baking tin with baking paper.
- Always whip butter and sugar first until almost white and really fluffy….. everything else can go it after that…. keep it simple and easy!
- Reduce your heat to 120°C and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Baking times may vary depending on ovens.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Allow cake to cool completely prior to decorating.
– For best results leave eggs and butter out of the fridge and on the bench to bring to room temperature.