• 200g Gingerbread cookies
• 100g Fine Semolina or your favourite biscuit
• 130g Unsalted Butter – Room Temperature
Cheese Cake Filling
• 500g Cream Cheese- Soften
• 250g Labin or sour cream
• 2/3 Cup Castor Sugar
• 4x Eggs
• 2x Teaspoons Ground Ginger
• 1x Teaspoon Mixed Spice
Caramel Jersey Sauce
• 1x Cup Brown Sugar
• 395g Can Condensed Milk
• 200g Unsalted Butter
• 300g Caramel Jerseys
How to Make
01. Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
02. Line a 20cm round spring foam baking tin with baking paper.
01. Combine biscuit and semolina in a food processor until finely crushed
02. Add the butter, process until combined
03. Spoon into pan and press evenly on and around the base
04. Place in fridge for 30 mins or until firm
05. Beat the cream cheese filling ingredients (Not including eggs and spice) until smooth
06. Then add one egg at a time and beat till well combined, add ginger and mixed spice
01. Combined Bake for 1 hour or until almost set
02. Turn oven off. Leave in the oven, with the door ajar slightly, for 2 hours to cool.
03. Place in fridge. Once chilled, decorate with sauce and decorations.
– Baking times may vary depending on ovens.
– Allow cake to cool completely prior to decorating.