Created to share with the Moccona Coffee Family.
• 200g unsalted butter (room temperature)
• 1 cup caster sugar
• 3 eggs (room temperature)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 ½ cups self raising flour
• ½ cup milk
• ¼ cup hot water
• 4 Tbsp cocoa powder
How to Make
01. For best results leave eggs and butter out of the fridge and on the bench to bring to room temperature.
01. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
02. Line a 25cm (10 inch) round baking tin with baking paper.
01. Cream unsalted butter and caster sugar with an electric beater until creamy and almost white in colour
02. Add eggs, one at a time to the mixture, and beat until combined.
03. Mix hot water and cocoa powder in a separate bowl to create a concentrated paste
04. Combine both paste, mixture and remaining ingredients and beat until mixture is combined.
05. Spoon mixture evenly into a 10 inch round baking tin.
01. Reduce your heat to 120°C and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
02. Baking times may vary depending on ovens.
03. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
04. Allow cake to cool completely prior to decorating.
– For best results leave eggs and butter out of the fridge and on the bench to bring to room temperature.
– For a coffee flavoured cake replace cocoa with Moccona Hazelnut Instant Coffee