• 200g unsalted butter
• 1 cup caster sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 eggs
• 2 ½ cups self raising flour
• ½ cup milk
How to Make
01. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
02. Line a 25cm (10 inch) round baking tin with baking paper.
01. Always whip butter and sugar first until almost white and really fluffy….. everything else can go it after that…. keep it simple and easy!
01. Reduce your heat to 120°C and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
02. Baking times may vary depending on ovens.
03. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
04. Allow cake to cool completely prior to decorating.
– For best results leave eggs and butter out of the fridge and on the bench to bring to room temperature.